Shopping for that perfect gift for the adorable pets and fellow pet parents in your life? If you’re looking for some shopping inspiration this year, here’s a round-up of unique and fun gift ideas that are sure to be a hit. After all, what good is a gift for a dog if it ends up being a white elephant?
Most of these items can be ordered online*, however, don’t wait until the last minute to place your orders. Industry experts are predicting a surge in U.S. online holiday sales of up to $189 billion, a 33% increase compared to last year, which will likely cause delays in normal shipping times. Customers are encouraged to shop early and use curbside and drive-up services whenever possible.
- Portable water bottle or bowl – Keep your dog hydrated on long walks or road trips. Look for food-safe construction material that is easy to clean.
- Dog poop carrier – These handy little devices make it easy to attach a dog waste bag to a leash, collar or handlebar. Great to have on walks if your dog doesn’t always do his business next to a trash can!
- Personalized ornament – Many online photo gift sites offer holiday ornaments that you can customize with a photo and a name. A pur-fect gift to honor your favorite fur kids!
- Winter gear – For furry friends who might need some extra warmth, consider a sweater, jacket or booties for chilly walks in your nearest winter wonderland.
- Deodorizing Candles – A candle or air freshener for those hard-to-eliminate smells can be a practical but pleasant gift.
- Personalized collar or harness (w name and phone number) – Jingle bells are fun for the holidays, but jingling tags can be bothersome, not to mention their tendency to fall off.
- Goody box – Either a one time or subscription box filled with treats and toys is a thoughtful gift to keep pets busy and happy
- Self-cleaning litter box – Give the gift of time, with a litter box equipped with self-cleaning features. Look for litter that won’t stick to your cat’s feet, and your house will stay cleaner too.
- GPS smart collar – Smart collars equipped with GPS tracking technology could be a life-saving splurge.
- Robotic vacuum cleaner – For the pet parent who has it all, a robotic vacuum to clean the floors on its own is a gift that keeps on giving. Plus the potential for some very entertaining cat videos!
- Homemade treats – A homemade gift from the heart can have extra-special meaning. A batch of dog or cat treats baked at home, with the recipe included, always hits the spot.
- Gift Cards – Always a thoughtful choice, a gift card for one of our services – such as boarding, daycare or grooming – will be a treat for both the pets and pet parents in your life.
Still not sure what to gift the pet parent in your life? Check out Heritage Pet’s gift certificates or a dog daycare package for fun all year round! Whatever you decide in your gift giving this season, we wish you and your four-legged friends a joyful holiday season!